Sunday, July 25, 2004

flow



.
.
.
.

Creativity : Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention
a book by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Synopsis:
Explains the creative process and shows how creativity can enrich lives.

.
.
.
No time to blog.
There is so much to write here. Especially now that I am faced with sourcing some kind of psychological definition of improvisation. AF first put me onto Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. I have not yet ventured into any of his writings, just the usual web search, which has proven to be insightful. I am intrigued and unsettled about someone "explaining" the creative process.
Here, I will just quickly jot down some mind flutters that I may or may not get back to.
+ High Brow/ Low Brow epistemological thoughts of sorts. ha!
There is a certain sound that I hear when I think of someone giving a "psychological explanation of the creative process". And that would be the sound of a balloon deflating.



All roads lead to poetry.
.
.
.
.

oW ow oW


.
.
.
.



.
.
.
.