Sunday, January 23, 2005




summer

It is the middle of a most beautiful day. What am I doing inside on my computer!? Heavens to Betsy. I have just returned from a front step farewell for my house-mate Kirrily. (Yes there are two in this neck of the woods.) She is off to London for six months to peruse through the print collection at the British Museum. Luckly little blighter! I will miss her. We had a splendivorous feast last night. Our assortment of tasty fare included; roasted mango, bbq'd fish, mango salad, atzuki bean salad, potato alah-hamish and prawns prawns prawns aplenty. Then, upon my suggestion, minions were sent out to retrieve a tin of gelato from that new colourful hip jivin' Gelato bar on Brunswick St. The four selected flavours that we gorged on were; Pistachio (oh me oh my how bloody scrumptious!), blood orange, chocolate-nougat, and pear-caramel. Wow. The texture and flavours were simply divine.

I am off to see Al Mcfoozle and Carl Puniccio (I don't think I spelled that correctly) perform some musical hoo-har this afternoon. In many respects I just feel like curling up in a corner somewhere and reading my book, there is a lovely peaceful quality in the air today. Indeed there are tasks at hand to be addressed, however today calls for a certain letting down of my hair, so to speak. Therefor I will flaneur my way through the rest of the day. Starting with a journey to see if there are any tortoise afloat in the sunny ponds south of my humble abode.

News afoot. I have in my hot little hands, a copy of "Animation Now". My knees are trembling with excitement. Not too much text, however it is thorough in it's selection of animators covered. Also it comes with a DVD! NO!? You mean I can actually have a look at the animations that I am reading about? Woo iiii. Thats a treat. Still, I think having Shrek's big ugly mug on the front cover is mildly offensive, and perhaps even a little misleading. Though, on the otherhand, it will attract allsorts to hone in on the familiar green friendly smile and have a flip and nosey about amidst the pages......so perhaps more "small-time" independant animators featured will get some more mileage for their fantastic achievements. More thoughts whenst I get further involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like tortoises.

And tadpoles.

I had a tadpole for 12 months but last week it turned into a frog and that was that.

inkwinks said...

Once. When I was little. One of my tadpoles died before it could matriculate into frogdom. So ( I was pretty little..) I disected it. I gently unravelled it's grey and mildly pongy intestine across the backyard. Then I couldn't think of anything else to do with it. So I flicked it over the back fence. I am sure the Sutton's dog Coby probably ate it. Coby was a fat corgi with a tail and a button sewn on to her left eye.