Sunday, January 09, 2005

S'late

I have decided not to move into the Nicholas building. I already have a fantastic studio in my current splendid abode. I already have a great workspace with a stereo and large bookshelves laiden abundantly with books...plus all of my studio materials set up.
Why move to a studio that only offers me a desk? Amongst other's 'mess'. So its a definate no.
A snazzy building though. I wouldn't say no to a studio there of my own.

I am missing flash. I need to animate. I've learned that a certain part of my animation process requires concentrated daydreaming... I need to visualise. To close my eyes and explore the worlds and characters that could be. The recipe is as follows; daydream, sketchbook, flutters of words in many/any forms and then more daydream to see if the sketched ideas will work and what else could 'happen' etc. This is pre-pre-production.
There needs to be a reason why.
There needs to be a seed or spark to start the ball rolling, to give essence to the whole.

Today I went to see the Edvard Munch exhibition. I enjoy his placement of blues. His orchestration of colour in some nudes, and in some landscapes was particularly pleasant and quite intriguing. Some small drawings held such lovely lines. ...I wonder if Rothko still pencilled as well as painted in his latter years... Not that this is related to Munch. I just favour Rothko's work and am curious to see how (various artists) ideas prevail in paint, and then in line.
mm.

I also popped up and had a quick look at Isogawa's work at NGV Fed Square. It is a small selection of work, but lovely nonetheless. Lots of oragami influenced pieces that really excited me. MMm. Paper. Paper is just such a lovely material to work with.

I helped Elin and Hannah check in to their "Aussie" backpackers" today. Oh me oh my. The room they are staying in smelt like feet. It was the messyest room I'd ever seen in a hostel. The actual hostel was neat and nice enough. There were just a couple of stinky pigs staying there. English lads methinx.
Oh well
Its all part of the fun.
:)

No comments: