Wednesday, April 04, 2007

This little bloke was crawling around on my keyboard....the day after I saw Pan's Labyrinth. Ooh.








Here is miss Bird Dropping Spider. She is on the bottom left. There are now 8 eggs. She made another one over the weekend. All of the little white dots you see under the eggs (brown spheres) are the baby spiders from one egg. I am quite fascinated as you can tell. You can see the top egg has a whole where the little one's crept out.



kirrily.org
Everywhere you look there's a Kirrily. Most exciting.


Well the Matrix 6 exhibition opened on Saturday in Canberra. My animation "Marks" is probably still looping right now in the Gallery at Megalo. It is a 5 minute loop made from etchings. It has a particularly raw feel to it ... almost too raw - however it demonstrates a particular aspect of some ideas that came from the residency at Megalo. I think I should have written an artist's statement. I did have a couple of documents that talk about the process however they don't really touch on the the ideas. I think I just need to write a bit more to extrapolate on all of the broiling thoughts I've had on the project that have been keeping me awake at night - in a nice inspired way. The piece is so much more engaging with music - particularly in a public space..though I wanted it to be stripped back - more like a still image on the wall of a gallery. I really need to explore this - this different space. Gallery/cinema screening. hmm.



multiple rhino

6 comments:

Ampersand Duck said...

Wasn't Pan's Labyrinth an amazing film? One of my mates yelled out at a crucial moment at her screening, and a woman behind me yelled out at the same moment at my screening too! I wasn't too fussed on the faun, but I loved the dude with eyes in his hands...

Anonymous said...

OH I loved the faun, He was repulsive and fascinating. His hooves were splendid.

Greg G said...

I liked him too. He reminded me of the good guys in the Dark Crystal.

Was it just me, or did he get younger as the film went on?

Anonymous said...

I think his 'presence' changed. Possibly with the help of lighting and camera angles - he seemed to fluctuate from scene to scene between being quite curious and endearing, like a misunderstood ugly beast, to being an evil, manipulative devil. His presence struck me with the same sense of fear and wonderment that I get when a huntsman spider minces across the roof of my bedroom.

Ampersand Duck said...

I liked his character, I just didn't think his costume and makeup was as good as the other stuff -- except for his legs, which were really, really good.

Anonymous said...

I liked all the creatures.