Sunday, April 15, 2007

Roland Topor


I was looking around at Topor's online presence and discovered that he wrote the scenario and dialogue for Fantastic Planet (with Rene Laloux, the director), and that he created the original artwork! Gosh. It was like two parts of my world crashing together when I discovered this.

Fantastic Planet
Planète sauvage, La (1973)
... aka Divoká planeta (Czechoslovakia: Czech title)
... aka Planet of Incredible Creatures
... aka The Fantastic Planet (USA)
... aka The Savage Planet (International: English title: informal literal title)


Directed by .......................... RENE LALOUX
Scenario and Dialogue by .......................... ROLAND TOPOR, RENE LALOUX
Based on the Novel "OMS EN SERIE" by ........................ STEFAN WUL
Original Artwork by ..................... ROLAND TOPOR
The film was shot in the animation studios
JIRI TRINKA de KRATKY FILM a PRAGUE






The Tenant
Topor wrote The Tenant. I've not read it and thought I'd order a copy. Look what I found..
See the Typo? Read the spine and the cover.

Had a laugh with Petr about it as we concluded that Topor would most likely have enjoyed this little 'error'.







Roland Topor ...as Renfield (on the right), in Werner Herzog's Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht (1979)

1 comment:

Kitschinette said...

Hi, I'm Emmanuelle, I was looking for Topor's drawing, and I found your blog. It's funny because I have a blog about drawings too(and in the future, about animation).
Keep up the good work!