Thursday, April 26, 2007

All the the things... a list




Things are hectic! I'm leaving for Aurukun on Saturday, for 6 weeks. I'm finishing the Machine Translations filmclip today.The Japer is helping me do the final export. Toots is such a funny little character - I want to pick her up and put her on my desk and have her run around. I'll try and pop up a still later before I go. The very good news is that I've had the go ahead to do illustrations for a lovely book. I've always wanted to do this. Other news, I met up with Peter and Glenn on Thursday and showed them some etchings and talked about the horse project (Bloodlines) I have a clear vision of the animation I have to complete when I get back from Aurukun, and I am quite excited about it. I met Glenn at the Matrix 6 exhibition where my Render Project animation is currently 'whirring' (it finishes on Saturday.) I have a lot of ideas broiling as the result of all this project juggling.






And I've wrapped up my teaching for the semester. I feel quite elated and inspired. Exhausted and withered, inspired nonetheless. I am really looking forward to the work up north, I suppose it's nice to be inspired in the way that I am at the moment, as it will be something extra I have to give to my work up there. So much more to write - but I am rushing. I am listening to Cuss - nostalgic..it really strikes me in the chest area, every little note I know so well. Anyway, I'm off.. I do have things about animation to rant about..next time. More about Fantastic Planet actually.

Miss Hammond has an exhibition on at Port Jackson Press at the moment.

No comments: