Monday, March 14, 2005

Such beautiful weather!



I have been listening to this Blur song alot this week. Aside from the very funny David Shrigley/SHYNOLA filmclip, I have been enjoying the (yet another) Graem Coxon snazzy guitar riff. Damon A's fluid vocals seem to fall so naturally amidst Coxon's loop.
' like it.

Still I've not finished my comic for Tango! Perhaps I'll title it Pixel Monkey meets Sancho Pansy (Tango is an anthology of romance comics - see link)

ad

I have been bouncing around in my studio, attempting to create the Tango comic, but ending up with bits of torn paper dipped in blue paint and splattered with ink. Which has been fun...buts its no cigars eh. Might make a nice birthday card for someone though.

Went and had a look at some tadpoles this morning. They were darting along in little teams. Through the blue green algae bloom and the sunlight streaming in. I was trying to imagine what it must look like from their perspective. Very pretty. Which leads me on to the Brothers Quay
A couple of animators whom manage to cast fantastic atmos and sensibility into their stop-motion animation.

They actually made a film of Robert Walser's Jacob Von Gunten, titled Institute Benjamenta. I don't think Walser would've liked their interpretation, however it is really an interesting film. (Excuse me for falling into that habitual review-blogger-I give it 5 stars-mode) But who can tell what Mr Walser might like??.

ad

Hop to it. Back to Photoshop, Heaven Forbid!! I am turning into a pixel monkey.
Heres this bloke again.
scan_5129173423_1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where were the taddies?