Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Shynola
Shynola eeeeeee!




Well.

I just drizzled some coffee down my gob in the company of the finest of animators Mr McInnes.

I must keep up with my rotisserie of Animator of the Week - Should it be Shynola this week? Or Paul Driessen again. This week it is McInnes - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its Animation hero!

I have met my animation hero William Kentridge. And...I did introduce myself to Kentridge. His response to my delivery of the terribly urgent news that he was indeed the main case study for my incredibly fantastic and well written research project was that which can only be described as horror. I gathered this by the way his piercing eyes seemed to retreat back into his head, leaving two kind of glazed pale blue shells in their place. As I warbled my way into these glazed blue shells other parts of his body began to retreat, his head for example seemed to gradually pull back into his neck - perhaps mine was extending forwards, perhaps I had a sizable leaf of spinach lodged in my teeth threatening to shoot at him with the aid of an overexcited consonant. I don't know what happened next, I just remember feeling limp and exiting the room. Probably staggering and cross eyed, looking for something to lean on..

See Kentridge



So last night. Shynola chatted at ACMI - and we watched many a clip. Ooh twas nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you know that the art gallery of WA has a William Kentridge sculpture?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12560055%255E16947,00.html

http://www.artgallery.wa.gov.au/x_kentridge.htm