Monday, October 30, 2006

hectic ambling

I've been printing a bit of late and though the deadline is fast approaching it is really quite lovely to go into APW and smear ink onto a copper plate. I am feeling a little more confident with my printmaking skills...as with most things its something that will only improve with practice. I am starting to feel I have enough control over the process to almost get what I want. The one problem is that I can't hand wipe as my skin reacts to the ink. Probably a good thing... as it is quite toxic. Really I would like to dive in there with the palm of my hand though..for the finishing touch. Here is a picture of some prints from last weekend.










Yesterday I picked up my three images from the Hardcopy exhibition. News is...I won the Judges award. That was quite a surprise I must say. :)
Other news, well I am off to Whyalla (did I spell that correctly?) next week for another USMOB workshop. Its going to be a hectic November quite frankly..... somehow I still manage to maintain my ambling tardy-lady ways. :o

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To hectic for Deadmines?

inkwinks said...

Seemingly. Somebody can't spell "too".

Tch tch