Thursday, September 28, 2006

Life Drawing


A peek at a drawing.
I went to life drawing last night. Yes its been awhile since I've participated in such an activity.





Three of my illustrations have been accepted into Hardcopy, an exhibition of Digital work at Gasworks Galleries in Albert Park. This little one is included.



Strangely, I've just had a 'tiff' with a good friend of mine, which normally I wouldn't blog about. Its just that it leaves my heart feeling a little inverted. Just after I'd gone through the Picasso/Dora Marr exhibition, which towards the end is a little sad. I was just pondering on the sensitivity of friendships.....hmm. Seemingly what Dora Marr held in her heart for half of her life, after her relationship with Picasso ended, was her time with him. It is amazing what we carry with us, and how our being is enriched by friendships. I remember an old friend of mine and myself spent our discussions on the subject of friendship - themes that siphened down from old Derridapants. Identity clusters inside us from a whole array of sources, and certainly friendships are the skeleton and indeed the flesh of our being. I sound a little like I've been on the Gin... (I haven't). Just pondering the whys and hows - and the inverted feeling I currently hold.

Elipses. I'll come back and add currency to my garble.

No comments: