Thursday, September 07, 2006

Gone


Pictured: Picnic's stop motion animated film LUMINARY








The last time I blogged I was in the Port Augusta Library - however I saved it as a draft...and looking back, well there really wasn't that much that I wrote about. Quite frankly.

Currently I am sitting up at ADOM enjoying the ambience. The two clusters of sudents (oops missed the 't'...ohwell) have departed after some interesting banter about their projects. So I am left here 'till 9:30pm. eek.

The USMOB project in Port Ausgusta was great. I was one of three in David V's team, providing resources for a small group of Port Augusta students to make films, and giving them the opportunity to animate (me being the animation 'wiz') . I love the animations that they created... I am hoping to pop one up here - with permission from the students. What is USMOB ?


Other NEWS. Which - actually - is relatively old....but I've not blogged you know...so don't blame me.. Yes, other news is that A Stowaway's Guide to the Pacific is onloine (oop another typo, ohwell).
Stowaway's

Stowaway's is a project I morphed my way into last year. Worked with a snazzy team of people. Was quite interesting. Though I have to say...I am really not 100% happy with the animations I did. They were a little hasty you might say. Considering the time frame given to complete said animations...this is kind of understandable, however I feel I would deal with such constraints differently now. Perhaps step back and plan my designs to suit the given deadlines rather than just dig in, animate, and discover that I can only get it done properly if I don't go to sleep. Which I did for a couple (of stints). The Dancing Skeletons. I don't mind those chaps. Anyway - you'll have to go to the site and check it out to see what I am ranting about. So, to rant on about something other than my small contribution to the project, you may well find it an interesting site. Interactive/educational/pitched at youth.

Picnic went to Russia. With his snaz film: Luminary

He met Regina Pessoa from Portugal. Her animation Tragic Story With Happy End was screened at MIAF this year. Lovely stuff.

Lucky chap.

Time to go!
Bye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deadmines!!!!

Anonymous said...

...only joking








sort of.

inkwinks said...

tch tch