Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ferret, Frets, and floating


Tooday just wizzed by. Here I was thinking I had everything runnning accordian to plam.



News is: The 2nd new computer has made itself at home in my studio.
The new Ferret Face comic, which is finished though not composited, may or may not get into the NZ anthology. I have been stressed all weekend about it. Everytime I feel deeply engaged in its production I have to tear myself away and do things like.... watch James Morrison and Joe Cindamo (spell?) at Bennet's Lane, or wiz over to the Ollistar abode to watch TOTORO (what again?), or float around in the pool for an hour, or venture out to Curly Kiz'z opening, or amble down to the Hib's opening, or trot off to some glorious music explosion at Hamer Hall. OR I have to play my guitar for two hours. Everything GETS in the way.
....which has been kind of nice I must say. Is it called displacement behaviour? Or is it just me and my dizzy-slowpoke-comicscreation-mode?

hmmmm... I could be scanning.


Here, a couple of snapshots of Ferret Face comic in production. Featuring Fat Whippet (left), and Herman O. Stickwhipple (above)






Animator of the week
Koji Yamamura

I've had him in my mind for a few weeks, showed the class Mt Head recently. It only just struck me the other day how 'Noh Theatre' the narrator/sound/music is. I knew it was traditional japanese. Maybe I am wrong, its just the whole build up of anticipation in the voice..

No comments: