Saturday, August 14, 2004





Improv in Animation.
.
.
Back to business.
I now have a Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi book in my posession. All I want to do right now is finish my paper and get on with other projects.
.
.
I have a vision of a pile of paper (my coursework paper) sitting on the ground. Then some gangly little pooch comes along and sniffs at it quizzically. The pooch stands back and hesitates for a second and then barks at the pile. The papers jump up frightened, and then one by one they run off, zig-zagging into the distance as fast as they can. Never to be seen again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I watched Houhokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun (My Neighbors the Yamadas) last weekend. It was so lovely to see on the big screen. Such nice linework and design. It was very nice.
.
.
Also I went to see Tin Tin and I, a very excellent film indeed.
.
.
I received a very informative email from Steven Woloshon regarding his production technique for Cameras Take Five, and I am quite keen to see more of his animations.
.
.
Yesterday I was reading about Ub Iwerks and Disney, about their initial beginning as creators of animation and starting the production company. It is really interesting to read about them and that time frame, as it is quite an insight into the beginnings of ( a production's) inevitable juggling between money, talent, skill, motivation, time etc. Hmm.
.