Thursday, May 06, 2004

How does the content reflect the process?

So in regards to my last blog entry, what I've found is an animator (W.K.) who illustrates my point.
Sifting through various books I've discovered many more animators who work in this way, or did
at some point in their career. Often, because its not a particularly lucrative way of working, many of these
animators put this process aside and continued their careers in more economically viable fashion. ie: advertising or more mainstream ventures.
Which brings me to afew questions.
Does the content of the work have to be of a certain nature to sustain this particular proccess?

There is a Bruce Petty quote somewhere that touches upon this.....
must find it.

Bruce Petty
William Kentridge
Phil Mulloy
Jan Svankmejer

Why would one improvise?


Should I also be investigating straight ahead techniques such as paint on glass, sand on glass and claymation.
Perhaps.
I am thinking about Svankmejer at the moment, and the way he animates objects. He evokes such a sensual notion of the particular object being animated. In many animations, sound can complete the animation. Often good sound design will enhance the animation. I think with Svankmejer, the sound is maticulously designed, it enhances the animation most definately, though each evoke the sensibilities of the object equally. Neither covering up the other's imperfections.
...hmm
might re-word that a bit later.

oop its time to meet the other aimsters.

No comments: