Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Drawings

A post about reviving drawings by utilising PhotoShop


[This is a post from my design blog. 

I moved this over as a chunk of html 

- just to see if I grabbed the correct bits 

- A blog post on drawing nonetheless]


Dodgey documentation: I'm hoping to find time to actually sketch. I was looking at my Dropbox files earlier and found some of the raw pictures from an exhibition I had a comic in some years ago. I sold the piece (titled Changelingsand have no access to it any more.  I have some documentation - a few small image files - photos.

'Recovery': Here is an example of a PhotoShop 'creative recovery' process I did. I loved the characters. Ink on paper (original), then photographed (not well), then I did the best I could with recreation in PhotoShop. I had no specific tehnique, I was working on it in a way I would work on an etching. See the original photo below - that is as big as it gets.


Original from Changelings comic (see character on the left)

PhotoShopped image from Changelings comic

Whole comic: ink on transparent paper with collage underneath



 I was so focused on this piece when I created it, with no distractions. I love the characters... Perhaps I will do another comic with them...

No comments: