Monday, March 01, 2004

Svankmajer and Herel


Had a chat with P Herel today about a Jan Svankmajer film...not sure of the title, or whether or not its available in Australia. It was made in 2001.
I am curious to see it (ofcourse) for many reasons....
It is based on a Czech folk tale, and combines live actors and animation. Its about a tree. There is dialogue (in Czech....)
Perhaps I can get some live narration if I watch it with Petr.
I bumped into an animator today. Her student film (from afew years back) sounds interesting (it is of a Svankmajer(y) animation proccess).
Funny little coincidences.
Am I still interested in improvisation in animation?
Harvie Crumpet probably would be. I'm sure he'd go absolutely nuts if he had free reign, what with an oscar and all. O. Keep him under lock and key Mr Elliot, I say!
So to round this 'faff' off, I did come to some conclusions in the last few days...but I will not let them settle just yet....I'll just pretend I didn't conclude (it wasn't in public anyway) and leave the questions to their own devices for afew days in the hope that some stealthy new thoughts will waft in from somewhere and evoke new life in these querries.
I am sure I could've made that point in about 4 words.

.

No comments: