Friday, March 05, 2004

So.
Here are my questions. They've settled.

a) How does the way the preproduction process is set up reflect in and inform the quality, look and feel of the final animation?

b) Can preproduction be set up in such a way so as to provide a concise vehicle/environment and set of tools(so to speak) for improvistation within the process of animation to occur?



a)
Well. The answer is obvious... on the one hand.
Of course it is integral to the final quality, look and feel is it not? It is essentially the spine of the final piece so therefor 'how' the preproduction is set up will inform the 'kind' of animation that comes through in the latter stages. I think it would also be an interesting question to toss into a pit of animators so as to listen to the kinds of thoughts they have on the matter. They may well provide afew 'other hands' to this paragraph's opening statement.
Whenst animating Toots my own preproduction processes varied throughout, thus the quality of the animation also varied throughout. Which somehow fits in with Toots and her funny little brown papery world....so I don't mind that fact.

I could actually do some research, and snuffle out some writings and see what other folks have discussed in the past about such things.
However..before I do that I shall address the next
BIT.

b)
Well.
I believe the answer is yes (why?...later).
Again this would be an intriguing question to ask and research.

One could say......Well isn't this just
straight ahead animation. Or isn't this precisely what it is to animate?.. To set up the preproduction process in such a way so as to optimise the animators flow within the animating process, thus giving a truer sense of life to the animation?

------hmmm. I'll just take a break because I am a little frustrated with all of these words, as they house many a question amidst them that I should perhaps extrapolate on or upon at some point, so as to at least make a little more sense. (Especially if you happen to be reading this and you're not an animator, I'm sure you would'nt have reached this point if you weren't.)

However the aim of this blob entry is to quell this flow of querries about improvisation in animation and embark on a fresh, minty new flavour of ideas....thaaaaaaaat hover somewhere in the realms of comic arting, animating and how and why they relate to one another. This all relates to my production last year of course.

It seems I have gone on a little more than initially I had planned for.
The next waffle shall be pared down to a haiku.

If my memory serves me correctly, I have heard that before...
.





No comments: