Friday, March 28, 2008

Something old, something new, and something ..arty farty - perhaps

Here is an old etching that surfaced the other day. It is one of my favourites. This is a proof on tissue paper. The finals are in an artist book (I think I did an edition of four) using text by Vladimir Holan, under the direction of Petr Herel.

Orpheus etching - 1994











Here is something new: Tomorrow by Mark McLeod. Lovely text, pared back and delicate. I think my little characters enjoyed being a part of this project.














A little comic drawn in Starcross























Arty Farty

Rhythms is an ongoing experiment. This version is really just a sketch - so it gets a bit choppy hither and thither. It's nice to watch with music - but I've kept the file size small with no sound - you choose your own music. :)

3 comments:

Greg G said...

Pure, unadulterated gorgeousness.

inkwinks said...

thanks!

(my word-verification word is: nyelg)
Someone should name their cat after a word-verification word.

Greg G said...

Here Zzxwpt!(tap tap tap) Time for dinner...

Mandy and me were looking at Don Martin cartoons yesterday. I think his wonderful sound effects were the basis of all these word-verification thingies - http://www.collectmad.com/madcoversite/index-dmd.html

I bought two copies of tomorrow today.